Friday, January 20, 2012

Metal Panel


Creating a decorative metal panel has always been my favorite and least favorite experience.

I love the brainstorming that has to be done in order to come up with an original design as well as the planning and the final result. My least favorite part about it would be the sawing. Like last year, we're using metals that have to be sawed, filed, than welded together. The sawing has always been my least favorite part; it's like an arm work out in itself because of the pressure that's needed and the never-ending line you have to follow. While creating an intricate design may be creative and nice to look at, it all changes once you're faced with a saw and the need to follow your lines till the very end. That is why when doing metals; I personally like my pieces being simple.

We haven't gotten very far in the metels process, but so far I've finished cutting out one of my three pieces. The feel the other pieces may take around a week and a half to complete, but only if I put all my focus into sawing. Which as I said before, is my very least favorite part.

 Here are my pieces I'll be cutting out over the week and
above this is what the whole process looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment