Sunday, April 28, 2013

My side project.

So here's a little side project I've been working on for the past couple of weeks and I'm actually very proud of it. So I received this box, made by my dear friend Alec, and it was completely made from scratch from a plank of wood. Now, being the type of person I am, I obviously had to use it but needed to spruce it up a little. So I broke out my water colors and set to work!


 So to the right in all the characters from some of my favorite anime movies, such as Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and Ponyo. I wanted something that I'd always love and remember and seeing these characters are just about the right thing to always cheer me up. The small picture above is the front and back, the back being meaningful lyrics and the front being meaningful poems, both of which I'd like to remember for a while.

 Here's a picture of the top before I added the coloring around it. It says C'est la vie, a French phrase meaning 'Such is Life.' I take this to mean accept what life gives us, whether good or bad, and move on from it. A phrase to live by I suppose. Below is a gathering of Disney Princesses but in different and unusual forms. some are simple and others are more model like. Obviously Mulan is my favorite with her appearance being on here three times, but can you figure out who the others are?

No comments:

Post a Comment