Monday, October 31, 2011

Self Portrait

In class we are currently working on self portraits. Personally I hate drawing anything that has to do with myself/my face but surprisingly my self portrait came out looking good. We did a very large scale drawing, first in pencil then went over it in sharpy. We were told not to focus on the details but to look at the overall imagine and focus on getting the shape and making our picture look somewhat human. Once our portraits are done we'll be painting them in monochrome, I choose to do a blue/teal color, and then we're going to put black ink on them, wash the ink off, and then go back into them with color pencil. We did something like this last year but with flowers. The result was always different and something new to look at. Before we do this do our large drawings, we did a smaller scaled one that was only a part of our face. On a regular sized sheet of paper we traced a section of our face and then did everything we're going to do to our large painting. Currently mines in the ink drying process and later today I'll be going back to art to wash it off and then let it dry for tomorrow.

**

Here's my self portrait before I inked it. I like be blue.
But now after the ink I washed the ink off and now I'm currently going through and adding color pencil to it. It looks really neat so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment