Monday, June 4, 2012

Reflection 2.0

When midterms came around we were supposed to talk about how we feel about our growth and development in both ourselves and our artwork. I said I didn't feel any different, that everything was the same for me in both categories and that things haven't changed much from the last year. Now that it is the end of the year I laugh at my last post because by now, things have changed extraordinarily.

First of all, regarding art I've developed an insane amount of patients when it comes to working on a piece. I know if I put the effort and time into something then the outcome will be worth it. Before I never wanted to take the task of even beginning the more challenging task. Now I feel fully capable of jumping right in and even though it may take a few weeks to roll the ball, once it's rolling it goes smoothly till the very end and turns out just as I imagine. I know now not to be afraid to jump into something and just take it head on. 

Also, I feel like my artwork, along with myself, has matured over the year. My art sense has changed, and I can tell the difference from the book I made last year and the book I'm making this year. I like the change, I think it's just another part of me coming into light that's been hidden these past years. I hope I continue to grow and change this way and keep getting new ideas and ways to express them.

I'm not really sure what my role in everything is. I feel like from the things happening around me it has shaped who I am and who I'm becoming. There isn't really much to change about that except to take it as it comes and go along. From the beginning of junior year to the end, I've come to many realizations bout my friends, my art, and my future that I wouldn't have thought about before. I can't say I'm all that fond of what I'm coming to terms with, but I guess it's just another part of growing and learning.

Can't wait to see what the end of senior year holds for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment