Monday, September 10, 2012

First post of the year!


School is in session once more and I’m very excited to journey back as a senior. I’m expecting this year to be the best if not most stressful and making it out of junior year makes me feel fully confident that I will survive senior year. One of the things I’m looking forward to the most, probably along with all other seniors, is the senior trip. A class trip to Florida where we will have free range of the parks. I think this trip will conquer all others because we’ll be on our own doing things at our own pace. Along with class trip, I have crew to look forward to, even though it isn’t something most people are happy about. Fall season is very slow and tedious because there aren’t many races to look forward to, but once winter comes all hell will break loose and if we survive, spring is something to look forwards to. Over the summer I thought about the goals I would have for the school year, and the biggest one would be getting straight A’s every marking period so I can avoid dreaded finals. I’m naturally an A-B student but if I can avoid finals in most of my classes I would be happy because A) I wouldn’t have to take them and B) I managed to get straight A’s for the whole year. Big accomplishment on my part there. But another goal I have is to be friendlier and more talkative. Now I know teachers cringe at the thought of talkative students, but for me that’s merely saying hi in the halls or asking about someone’s weekend. I have always been very quiet and sometimes shy, but this year I hope to change that and be more outgoing and speak up. So far I feel like both of these goals are going well.

From freshman year I planned on majoring in graphic design for college. By senior year my major changed to Food Science. So why am I back for another year of art? Simply because I love it.  I may not be going to college for art, but it is still a huge part of my life and I can’t imagine myself without it. The class is fun and I love creating unique master pieces from scrapes of paper or strokes of a brush. It’s soothing and calming, but also exciting and wild. Life without art would be so banal and in order to bring some color into my life, I have to have my daily dose of art class.

No comments:

Post a Comment